Thursday, September 25, 2008

Erik's Helmet






Last Friday, we got Erik's helmet. I am just glad to get it on and get him better. At first we had to put the helmet on for an hour and then off for an hour. The second day, 2 hours, third day, 3 hours and so on. Now he is wearing it full time. We get one hour a day to take it off, give him a bath and clean the helmet. It is hard to put the helmet back on because he cries and it just breaks my heart! The other hard adjustment has been holding him without getting knocked out! Every time he moves his head, it jerks and smacks me in the face! Bria has been so cute with Erik since he got the helmet. She calls it his "hat"! We think he looks absolutely adorable in it and we are just so grateful that there is a way to fix his problem.

5 comments:

Crystal said...

He is a hottie in the helmet! Atleast it is now in his life than later. Good luck with it all!

Courtney said...

Okay the helmets used to be much uglier! They have gotten cuter! He looks so cute in his little helmet. I bet he will get used to it. How long does he need to be in it?

Hoenes Family said...

He really does look adorable! Like a little football player! I am glad that Dani got to be royalty. She looked beautiful. I love her dress!

The Maughan Family said...

I love it! He is just so adorable no matter what he has to wear! I'm so glad that the doctors caught this at this time and it can be fixed! Have a great day!

Kris and Nat said...

I would really love to get together too! Where are you and Derek living now anyway? Lindsay just moved to Salt lake maybe the three of us could get together sometime!