Friday, October 3, 2008

Go AGGIES!



Tonight was the BYU vs. USU Football game and we had a big Elders Quorum barbeque while we watched the game. I know we aren't so good in the football area, but we are still going to support our Aggie Team! We live in BYU central (Orem) and so we weren't very accepted when we showed up in our USU t-shirts and our Aggie pride! We got made fun of all night. Comments like, "Who even owns an Aggie T-shirt," and "Whoa, I think you are in the wrong place!" I was very surprised that everyone was mad that we weren't BYU fans! I graduated from Utah State, so why would I cheer for BYU? I will support my Aggie team through and through! I thought it was pretty funny. We had a good time though and we still love you Utah State Football team! We were born to be Aggies and we will die Aggies! GO UTAH STATE! Better luck in the basketball season, because yes, we are incredible in that area, so watch out BYU!

4 comments:

Haguewood Family said...

Rah-rah-rah-rah-rah goooooooo Cougars!!!! Funny, I showed up to the USU game with a BYU shirt on. I guess we know where our roots are :)

CHRISTINA said...

I own an Aggies T-shirt. Several, actually. Aggies rule. BYU does not. :-) (Sorry -- I'm lurking on your blog. ...)

Carrie said...

We had that problem when lived out of state. Actually, we were not invited to BBQs very often when people found out how much we disliked BYU! Oh well. Kudos to the Aggies who stopped their shutout streak, got the first sack of the BYU quarterback all season and held a top 10 team to only a 20 point win. The Utes did better than that! I am foreseeing the Y go down against the U this year. ;) And we will laugh together.

Amanda said...

Kudos to Utah State... at least they beat Idaho this year. True, it will likely be their only victory... but winning one is better than none at all.