Sunday, March 28, 2010
Oh, Hello Cookie Monster!
Yesterday afternoon, we all decided to go on a walk. The kids and I were waiting for Derek to get his jacket on. When he came out, I just laughed. Last Christmas, Derek's brother got him a Cookie Monster sweatshirt as a little joke because Derek loved him when he was little. It is one bright sweatshirt, almost blinding! Derek loves it because it is comfortable and because AJ gave it to him. So, we went on our walk, got a lot of funny looks and laughs. We got to the park and Bria ran off to the slides and Erik to the swings. There was already a dad there pushing his little girl on the swing and then Derek stuck Erik right by him and started pushing. It was a funny sight- two dads pushing their kids in dead silence. The funniest part was the other dad's face examining Derek's sweatshirt.
Well, later that night, Derek decided to go to the store and pick up our dresser. He forgot he was wearing his Cookie Monster sweatshirt and didn't realize it until he got some pretty funny looks. I guess it wasn't as embarassing when he was with his family because people probably thought he was just a goofy dad, but I am sure there were some funny thoughts at the store!
I love Derek so much for this reason. He doesn't care what people think and he is just confident but yet very humble. I love him so much and think he is way hot in his Cookie Monster sweater!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment