Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Sleep anyone?


Who needs an alarm clock when you have kids? Especially my cuties. They are definitely little time bombs that no matter how late they go to bed, they are up at the latest by 6:45. Two nights ago our kids didn't really go to bed until midnight because that is when we got home from St. George. Yeah, they fell asleep in the car around 10, but we had to get them to go back to sleep when we got them out of the car. So, you would think they would sleep until at LEAST 7:00, right? Wrong! Erik was up at 6:00. Of course he only makes a little peep and Bria comes walking out tripping over herself because she is so tired. Of course I can't get her to go back to bed, so I just keep telling myself, at least they will take good naps, right? Wrong again! Erik slept for ONE hour for the whole day! Okay, they will go to bed at a good hour tonight, stop kidding yourself. Nope! Bria didn't go to sleep until 10:00! The cycle began again at 5:50 when Erik woke up the next morning and of course Bria comes out running into walls, rubbing her eyes. GRRRR! I woke up this morning SO mad! I don't think I have ever been so frustrated about something so dumb! For sure she should take a nap and that would be a no again. Go to bed at a good hour? Yes, she is finally asleep, but Erik is screaming his head off and has been for a half hour now. Oh well. Such a silly thing to be frustrated with, but I am starting to lose my sanity, because I don't have any time to myself! Maybe one day I can sleep in until 7:00! Oh, it will be SO NICE!!!

4 comments:

Jody and Lacey said...

You are a wonderful mom. I don't have any kids yet, but I dread the day that I will loose so much sleep. I LOVE my sleep. Sorry it has been a struggle. Maybe one of these days the sleeplesness will catch up with them and they will sleep for a whold day! :) Good luck girl...

Unknown said...

Isn't it sad when we think 7:00am is sleeping in? I think you are a GREAT Mom!! My hero!

Brenda said...

Sounds like you are doing a lot of dreaming when you are not asleep. If they don't adjust to your schedule then I guess you have to adjust to theirs. Who is gonna win? I have been lucky to have pretty great sleepers, but when our two little foster boys are here EVERYONE is up by 6:30. They don't know how to be quiet. I even tried promising waffles for breakfast if they would stay in bed until at least 7 -- it didn't work -- and I made the waffles anyway.

Courtney said...

That is the cutest onsie. Although sleep would be nice, we do it because our kids are so darn cute. Cherish the times they sleep in, I do!